Changing of the Guard
If you have been to London, chances are you have seen the “Changing of the Guard” ceremony at Buckingham Palace. Millions of people from around the world flock enthusiastically to see this ceremony. This takes place in front of Buckingham Palace at 10:45 am and lasts for around 45 minutes.
What really happens at this ceremony besides marching and music?
The Changing of the Guard provides for a seamless and orderly transition between the old guards and the new guards.
There are three primary objectives of this.
- To carefully inspect the new guard before they stand post
- To protect Buckingham Palace during the transition without interruption and
- To ensure only the best guards are allowed to stand guard
You might be wondering if this is a crash course on “Changing of the Guard.”
But it’s a perfect metaphor for world class succession planning.
Read the 3 objectives again.
Get this right and the following happens:
- Your clients and team members both are well taken care of, and they have an amazing new home (with or without you)
- You enhance (rather multiply) the value of your practice
- You ensure continuity for everyone
Get this wrong: God Bless You.
P.S. This is the 300th blog post of the happyrichadvisor blog. It’s a personal milestone in writing this blog since January 6th ,2020. Thank you for all the love. If the blog has made a difference in your life, I would love to hear from you. If it hasn’t, I would still love to know why and what if anything could be done to make it better.